We have a separate website dedicated to NLP training for Project Managers based on the book ‘NLP for Project Managers‘ by Dr Peter Parkes published by the British Computer Society and listed for ‘Management book of the year’ on publication in 2011.
[wp_cart:NLP for Project Managers Make Things Happen with Neuro-Linguistic Programming:price:25.00:end] View Your Shopping Basket Here
It is also available through Amazon
See the author interviewed by the BCS about the book and project management in general in the video clips below.
These resources from the book will help you to decide to buy:
- Book review by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- Book review (9/10) from the BCS website.
- Read a review by Elizabeth Harrin, award winning author of PM4Girls, Get started in social media for Projects, etc
- Read review by Lindsay Scott, Founder of Arras people and Editor of forthcoming Gower publication on soft skills for PM.
- Author Q and A from ITNow magazine
- NLP4PM book cover
- What is NLP
- NLP4PM Preface and what you will get out of it
- NLP4PM book contents
- NLP4PM introduction to book
- Summary of Part 1 – The world of project management
- Summary of Part 2 – The world of NLP
- Summary of Part 3 – NLP for project management
- NLP4PM Figures
- A virtual week in the life of an effective PM
- Endorsements (tab)
(These and further documents can also be found under the ‘Downloads” tab)
Testimonials and Endorsements
I found the book very well structured in the way it combined the theory of NLP (at not too intense a level) with practical exercises and examples, and very well written. I thought that a PM who took it seriously and followed the book right through would develop some very good people skills, whether or not they decided to take it any further. The book is about the ‘soft skills’ of Project Management, which are so often ignored; indeed I would strongly recommend it to any Manager who recognises the need to work with and through people.